Thursday, February 19, 2015

Restaurant Style Olive Oil Bread Dip


I'm an appetizer kinda girl. When we go out to eat I could easily get filled up on all the chips and salsa, rolls with honey butter and most definitely warm bread with olive oil dip. There's just something about the way the olive oil melds together perfectly with the zest of balsamic vinegar that just keeps me coming back for more. And more. And more. I love that I can now get my fix anytime I want at home. A nice pasta with a tossed salad and a loaf of ciabatta bread with this dip and my kitchen is suddenly transformed into a five star restaurant. Or at least a four star, I take points off for the table we bought on Trade Me with the seats that fall off when you sit down. Hashtag temporary living problems.


1/4 cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon crushed dried oregano
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 Loaf of your favorite Italian bread, sliced

Pour the olive oil into a small dish and use a garlic press to press the garlic cloves into the oil and gently stir. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the oil and garlic. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve with warm bread.

Source | Allrecipes

No comments: