Monday, January 5, 2015

Oven Baked Brown Rice {the best way to cook brown rice}

In the great brown vs white rice debate, brown is clearly the winner when it comes to nutrition, but not necessarily when it comes to taste.  Every time I attempted cooking it before, it would always come out mushy or with hard crunchy bits. Until this recipe came into my life. Guaranteed fluffy and flavorful every single time. I find myself bent over the dish eating it by the forkful before I even dish it up. It's easy to prepare, but does take a while to cook, so plan accordingly.


1 1/2 cups brown rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add rice, salt and broth to a 3-quart baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for five minutes before removing the aluminum foil and fluffing with a fork.

*Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments: