Thursday, January 15, 2015

No Bake Cookies

These right here are my kryptonite. I can't help that they are so freaking good and so freaking easy. I can, however, help that I always happen to have the ingredients on hand for whenever the craving hits. And it happens to hit quite often. You don't even know how tempted I am to pause typing this right now to go whip up a batch. These aren't a novel concept, this recipe has been around for ages but it is definitely one I want for our family recipe book because I have a feeling when my daughter goes off to college she'll be making plenty of batches of these!


2 C sugar
½ C butter
½ C milk
3 Tbs cocoa powder
3 Cups oats
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then set the timer for 6 min and continue boiling, stirring regularly (if it isn't cooked long enough then they will be gooey, if it is cooked too long they will just crumble and fall apart. Six minutes is my magic number, but if they still seem a little gooey you can return the cookies, oats and all, back to the pan and cook for another minute or two). Remove from heat and mix in cocoa, oats and vanilla. Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper and let cool.

 

No comments: