Friday, January 30, 2015

{easy cheesy} Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese

I can still remember the first time I had this, and pretty much any recipe with a memorable first bite is definitely a keeper. We were at a family reunion and when it was my sister-in-law's turn to cook a meal this is what she made. It was an immediate hit with everyone of all ages and the fact that it is so easy to make just adds to the appeal. It is such a simple idea, kind of like I'm embarrassed that I never thought of it myself, but for so long Kraft Mac & Cheese had a monopoly in our house. Until this came along and for the past six years it has been the only stove top macaroni and cheese I have made. And nobody's complaining about that. Toss in some steamed veggies for a healthier and still delicious twist!


16 oz elbow macaroni
1 stick of butter
8 oz block sharp cheddar (white or orange)
2-4 Tbs milk
Salt and pepper, to taste

Boil noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile cut block of cheddar into cubes.  When noodles are finished cooking, drain then return to pan and immediately stir in butter and cheese, then add milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Continue stirring until cheese is melted and smooth, season with salt and pepper (add steamed vegetables at this point if you are using them) and serve immediately.

Source| Margaret Jolley

 

No comments: