Saturday, December 27, 2014

Warm Apple Crisp


Be still my heart. There is just something about warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream melting on top that just makes my heart flutter. And this right here is the best one I've had. I have a very exclusive recipe file and there's only room for one apple crisp recipe and for the last several years this one is it (I just wish I could remember where I originally got it from, sorry there's no source). This is the dessert I usually make when we have guests over for dinner because it makes a lot and is a definite crowd pleaser.


10 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
2 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, nutmeg and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.

*Source: Unknown

No comments: